Friday, August 8, 2008

Grandma Cook


We went and visited Grandma Cook on Monday and she is doing ok. She is very skinny, but still gets around ok. She said that for the time that she was in the nursing home her legs cramped up on her and it took her a while to be able to walk on her own again. She kept repeating questions to us over and over again, but seemed to recall the past well. We visited for about an hour. Shanes oldest daughter is supposed to be cleaning her room and making her bed, but according to Grandma that never happens. The only reason I say that is the nursing home was going to send a helper over a few times a week, and they told her no because she was going to help. Its unfortunate for Grandma that she is constantly told that people are going to help her and then they forget after a while. Hopefully someone will help her before she injures herself again. It was nice to see her.

5 comments:

amie979 said...

Does Kyle's Grandma live around here? I didn't know that he had any family here. Where have you guys been? I hope all is well with you guys!

Ami Bethea said...

Ugh, that makes my blood boil. Why can't they take better care of her? Okay I'll stop before I get really upset. I'm so glad you went to see her. I wish I could!

Ami Bethea said...

And can I just say that your kids are all looking as beautiful as ever?! I love Riley's hair long. She could be a supermodel, seriously. Love them all! We so miss you guys.

Cookie Mama said...

It's so sweet that you went to visit Grandma Cook.

I'm totally shocked about her room. I remember going over to her house several times when we lived up there and it was so squeaky clean. Shane’s wife and daughters came over ever single Saturday and cleaned it top to bottom. Makes me sad.

Give the kiddos a squeeze for me.

An Errand of Angels said...

Thanks for posting the pic of Grandma Cook. I miss her! It was a shock to see how thin she is, though. I'm glad you took the time to go see her.

Cook Family Travels