Tuesday, June 24, 2008

ROAD TRIP!








Last Wednesday Kyle and I went to Arizona to bring home our cars and stuff. Thank you to everyone who came over and helped us pack up our stuff. We left on Friday and went to Las Vegas. Everything was going smoothly until we got to the check point at the Hoover Dam and got stopped because one of the lights on the trailer went out so the nice gaurd helped us out and fixed it for us we were very grateful. The Hoover Dam was so cool that was my first time seeing it. We got in around 9:30 to Vegas. The next morning we decided to get on the monorail and go to the strip for a couple hours. We had so much fun just walking around and looking at the new hotels that weren't there the last time we were. We tried our hand at the slots a little bit (Kyle was the lucky one). Then we went to the M&Ms world (my favorite place of course). Then we were off to Idaho we hit a really ruff dust storm in Twin Falls that made our check engine light come on and we thought we were in trouble but it was just because of the high wind (lucky us). We stayed in Boise on Saturday night and left for Oregon on Sunday morning. We got home Sunday night about 7pm. It was really nice to have some alone time with Kyle.

3 comments:

amie979 said...

Wow sounds like you had a good time! Did you bring me some M&M's haha. Ummm girlfriend I also like how you spelled Hoover dam;) When we went there we made all kinds of "Dam" references about the damn dam. HAHA

Ami Bethea said...

I'm glad you guys got back okay, I've been thinking about you. I wish we could have seen you. I thought you were staying longer. Between Tues-Fri I am a mess of sleeping or trying to sleep nonstop so sorry we didn't make it over. How fun that you guys got to wander the strip for awhile! The m&Ms crap me up. I will always think of you guys associated with candy.

Megs said...

How fun, I'm glad you two got to travel and have a little fun along the way!!! I love M&M world and I've never heard of it until this post, tell me ALL about it, do you get to swim in a huge vat of M&M's???? Heaven!! Love you!

Cook Family Travels